Jun 25, 2024

Lego story #035: More sets for sale

Time to downsize. I said goodbye to my biggest set, the Ideas Treehouse.

I finally finished packing the 21318 Ideas Treehouse into 21 ziploc bags.

It was quite a nightmare sorting over 3,000 pieces and re-checking that every single part was present. I swore to never buy a set bigger than 1,000 or so pieces again.

Fortuitously, the Treehouse sold the same week I posted it online. I had bought it on sale (new from Amazon) two years ago at 25,000 yen, which was something like $35 off at the time. I resold it at 26,000 yen (or 22,000 after shipping and fees), which is really good.


Big leaves and tiny spare parts bagged separately.

I also sold my earliest set, the 60036 Arctic Base Camp. No profit on this one, because I spent quite a bit  to replace missing pieces (mainly the polar bear, who cost 1,400 yen). But I'm happy this found a home. It's so cool and I wanted to keep it for my kids, but well... there'll always be some other Lego.


I bought Ahsoka's T-6 Jedi Shuttle for the minifigures. Will cover this in another post.


Didn't build this Spider Tank, just wanted the Bo-Katan. Selling the rest of it netted a good price and made Bo-Katan much, much cheaper than trying to buy her as a standalone minifigure. She was going for over 4,000 yen on Merukari.

London Postcard was a gift from the husband. He bought a small set to help get me back into hobbies during my period of sickness. Said it was OK to sell it after. The Big Ben is really something!

An unopened GWP (gift-with-purchase) that came along with something I bought. This one sold for a good price. Lego has some nice tributes to famous persons, e.g. Jane Goodall, Charles Dickens, Jules Verne.

Also unopened. We received two Mario sets as a gift many years ago, but only opened one (the basic Starter Set). I decided to sell this Piranha Power Slide expansion to purchase a different Mario expansion instead--Yoshi's Egg-cellent Forest, which will make an appearance on this blog someday.