Nov 17, 2023

Lego story #028: Let's sail to the Elf's Tavern!

This tavern by the sea is an alternate build for the 10275 Elf Club House.

Gosh, I totally forgot to add the elves for these photos!

I've been in a rush lately, not lingering to take more interesting shots. But that's life sometimes: a choice between doing a few things well and doing more things but less well.

I could take longer to produce better photos, better writing. Or instead, I could produce more posts, even if they aren't as good as they could be. Right now, I'm comfortable with the second option: lower quality but more frequent posts. Unfortunately "more frequent" has equaled only 2 posts per month lately.

While I'm not at all impressed with my photos of the Elf's Tavern, I'm satisfied with simply having a record of this inventive MOC. 

Elf's Tavern is an alternate build by designer torsten_o using pieces from the 10275 Elf Club House. The instructions cost €2.

Let's look at the accompanying sailboat first. 

The sail isn't designed to stand, and it flops down easily unless you find some way of your own to secure it. After many attempts, I got the sail to stand by itself for this photo.

A cute wooden boat trails behind the sailboat.

This is an outdoor tavern, so good times can only be had in good weather.

The decorations include a candle, a small red plant, and a yellow potted plant. In my rush, I forgot to place a tea cup and tea pot.


Make your orders at this counter. They serve good coffee here.


And waffles, favored by elves of the North Pole variety.


No entry to the kitchen!


Freshly caught fish are grilled here.


It's a bit cramped in the kitchen.



The roof can be easily removed and replaced. There's a button-powered light, but I haven't figured out to light it up without removing the roof.


Flag with Christmas colors. What would you name the tavern? I might call it . . . The North Pole. Heh!


The bright green slopes weren't symmetrical on both sides of the wooden fence. It's because they fell off easily, and I accidentally replaced the left side topsy-turvy. Sigh. That's just where I'm at now. Maybe I need a break at the tavern too?