Jan 29, 2023

Lego story #009: Building the Treehouse (part 5)

Almost done!



Bag 13: Crown of the trunk. 

Lots of little black stubs for attaching branches later. This way, branches can be removed easily when you want to play with the rooms.


Bag 14: Three blue roofs. Also easy to remove. In fact, just a light knock will dislodge them.

Interestingly, each quadrant of the roof is "bendable" because they're attached by cup-and-towball.

This lovely shade of blue makes the Treehouse what it is.

Might as well use the vantage point, right?

Bag 15: Staircase and landscape flora. I love the red mushrooms (below). The heart-shaped graffiti which says "Build your dreams K.F." is a tribute to the original designer, Kevin Feeser.



Bag 16: Man-made structures and tools. What excites me most in Lego sets are these small paraphernalia, like pots and fruits and candles.

I stuck the food crate here, because if it dangles from the pulley then the Treehouse won't fit in my cabinet.


Ta-dah! 

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to photograph Bags 17 to 19 individually, which are the three layers of branches and leaves. Maybe I will some day, when I rebuild the Treehouse (as of this writing, I've actually begun the dismantling the set!).

My next and final Treehouse post shows the completed set.