Sep 9, 2026

Lego story #089: Horse knights, unite (Part 4): The Book Nook

An alternate build by The_Astral_J. This one's an eye-catcher!

Thanks to an abundance of colorful flags and banners in the forefront, this MOC feels alive! It evokes a bustling market scene in a walled city.

The_Astral_J is the designer, and they've made fine-looking book nooks out of various sets. The Horse Knight one was free to download, though I would have happily paid for the instructions.


Hinge in the center. That green apple tree is fine work. Must have been tough putting a tree in the hinge!

Being a book nook, this model can be displayed wide open or at any angle. Here's the wide-open view.



Yup, there's a back face too! Close-up photos in a moment. 

First, here's the cast -- identical to the minifigures of 31168 Model A.




What if we added more minifigs to the scene? Yes, let's throw in some D&D folks.




Looks more lively, doesn't it? 

Now, let's zoom in to the market stalls and towers.







Fully closed, the book nook looks like this:



Finally, the back face. It has several rooms, which surprised me as I wasn't expected any detail behind the book nook.


I can't tell what the upper left room is meant to be. 


The central column clearly has a study (upper floor), treasure room (middle), and dungeon (bottom).

The room decked in red is a throne room.


I loved having this display in our living room. And I think the minifigs enjoyed meeting for a drink, shopping, or just standing around with their shiny gear!