Oct 24, 2023

Lego story #026: Can't get more Christmassy than this Club House

Meet the Winter Village set from 2020: the cute, cheery Elf Club House.

I sold my first complete set! And listed two others for sale. It was time to cull my collection, make space and recover funds for new sets.

The 10275 Elf Club House sold for two-thirds the price I paid for it. Fair enough.

It's a cute set, and I would have kept it if not for promising that I'd only have one Winter Village set at a time. (I'm eyeing the newly released Viking Village, which isn't part of the Winter Village line but has a snowy environment.)


Building the Club House begins with its cutest elements: miniature Christmas presents.


The gift-wrapped boxes are just the most adorable things! And elegant in their simplicity. They remind me of little cakes.


The ship is the best of the lot, though. Small but beautiful.


But I'd understand if the plane were your favorite.


The piano keys are one long, printed tile.


A good-looking tree, though not my favorite thing to build.


The presents are accompanied by an old-school desktop, where Santa keeps his "Nice List."


A fine sleigh for a fine reindeer.

 Look at those flames! Does that sleigh run on fossil fuel?


I did hesitate to sell this set. Most of all because of the splendid reindeer and its eye-catching sleigh. It's a keeper; but in the end, I'd rather have the chance to build new sets.


The icicles and snow drifts are minimal but well done.


I like the front door of the Club House a lot. And the bright pair of shoe snows hanging outside.

Even more, I love the gift-wrapping corner, where Santa's elves work hard to make nice children happy. Or maybe they're just wrapping gifts for themselves.

Don't worry, this isn't a sweatshop. Or is it? Can't be if there's a pot of tea for relaxation.

And the elves have good food to eat—waffles, specifically.

They live by the clock, though, and this clock literally gets them out of bed each morning. Turning the device shakes the poor fellows out of their bunks. So, is it a club house, or a company dorm?

Lights, action!


There's not much room in here; though that's par for course in a Lego house.

December 24 means crunch time.


The Club House isn't the North Pole? Not quite.


Still, the night sky must look great out here.

Almost complete. One more thing:

What's an Elf Club House without a fine chimney and waffle machine?


Just crank that lever and a waffle will pop onto your frying pan.

You can rotate the chimney 90 degrees. Like so:

Looks cozier that way.

Finally, meet the crew!

What's it like working for Santa? They look mostly happy.



Before bidding the Elf Club House goodbye, I transformed it into an Elf's Tavern—an alternate build I found on Rebrickable.com. Will post pictures of that another day.

I only had the Club House for a few months. Still, I was satisfied with the short but fun build experience. Just looking back on these photos is heart-warming. 

I know it'll find a good home in someone's winter collection. Hope it brings them cheer, any time of year