Jul 7, 2017

Our own "Uncharted" journey


Though Uncharted 4 is a short game, it's taken us ages to finish: 20 hours spread across 6 months.

Like in real life, my husband did most of the heavy lifting while I did the leisurely puzzles and slowed us down by taking photos like this one.

But we did fight the final boss together, 50-50. For some reason, the hubster couldn't get the hang of this boss fight despite having survived all major fights from the entire Uncharted series. For once, he gave up and handed me the controller. I got the job done quickly, for once!

We finished the game on the cusp of our 4th year of marriage.

Putting the two adventures together -- one real and one fictional -- I can't help but be glad for a few things.

1) All the heavy lifting he does, especially in the kitchen.

2) Time we spend together on a common goal. Valuable since we change over time and have diverging interests.

3) Surviving the past year. 'Cos isn't that all you can do sometimes -- emerge more or less alive? I'm glad we could say "At least I have you" more often than "It's your fault"!